Sunday, March 8, 2009

too much to report

Folks, there is absoutely no way we can tell you everything we saw and experienced today. The only thing I can say is that everyone needs to take this trip at some point in your life. This experience has impacted my perception of the Bible and my understanding of Christ and his experience and ministry on earth in a way that I never imagined. To actually walk the hillside where Christ delivered the Sermon on the Mount, to see Capernaum (headquarters of Christ's ministry and location of Peter's house), to put my hands in the Sea of Galilee, to ride a boat across the water, and even to eat a fish (albeit a whole fish complete with eyes) freshly caught this morning from the Sea of Galilee...how can I describe it? We went on to see Caesarea Philippi and the paegan Sanctuary of Pan near where Christ told Peter than on this rock I'll build my church and the gates of Hell will not prevail against it. We concluded the day with visits to both Lebanon and Syria borders and our guide explained how even in this century the people of Israel continue to fight off enemies who wish to destroy them.

we're back at the kibbutz now and will go have dinner and hopefully get some sleep. Some of us have had trouble adjusting to the time difference. Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome report & description of your experience - thank you for sharing your reactions to what you are seeing - WOW!!!!!!!!

    Jerry Goza

    ReplyDelete