Friday, March 6, 2009



Hey Bud, Sam, Silas and all!

It's hard to believe we are here. Trip was long and the plane (a huge 747 Jumbo Jet) was confining, but having so many friends with us made the time go by. My seatmate was an Israeli physicist and we talked for hours about Israel, Obama, culture, faith and Facebook. 11.5 hours is a long time to sit in one seat, but the time passed and soon we were landing. The entire plane burst into applause.

Tel Aviv is a modern,cosmopolitan city and looks like a lot of other large cities except the signs are all in Hebrew. We had a great shabat (sabbath) dinner at the hotel and took a walk along the beach of the Mediterranean sea. Our guide told us that the streets are safe for walking...even at night. Dr. Goza reminded us that this beach was where Jonah embarked on his fateful encounter with a large fish.

Sam & Silas elected to send animal friend Tiny along with me. So Tiny will be included in many of my upcoming photos. Thank you all for your prayers and for all your help with the boys while I am gone. I never dreamed I would be able to take this trip! More news tomorrow.

June

3 comments:

  1. Glad y'all made it. Tracked your flight until you landed. Thanks for keeping us updated. My 3rd grade class is excited about following the trip. Talk to you soon! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell Zeev hello for me. I hope you all have a wonderful time and know that we are praying for you daily.

    Love you,

    Anne French-Scroggs

    ReplyDelete
  3. June, Dee and Almyra --- glad to hear that you made it safely to the mother land. Eat a fig, date, and olive oil for us! Keep the updates rolling. Have fun --
    Nancy Peele

    ReplyDelete